Getting to your ideal shape can feel like a journey. There are plenty of ups and downs, easy victories and frustrating challenges. Each of us charts a unique course towards our goal, but anyone who has ever achieved fitness greatness has had to do at least three things to get it done.
#1 Increase Frequency
The bottom line is that people with rockin’ bodies work out all the freakin’ time! This is not a bad thing, though. Truthfully, this human body that we have been given was definitely made to move. What this means in the fitness department is that in order to get closer to your goal, you will have to spend more time working at it. Makes sense, right?
#2 Have a Plan
Every competitive athlete I have ever encountered seems to always have one thing with them whenever they are in the gym (and I’m not talking about pre-workout powder). It is their program! Think of when you go to a play or the symphony: you get a program that tells you what to expect AND when! Wouldn’t it be nice to have similar predicatability when you’re working so hard to get your fitness dreams to come true?
#3 Look Beyond the Gym
There is a great expression: “You can’t out-train a bad diet.” Nothing new here, just a reminder that you can develop a very fit looking body just by modifying your diet. A person doesn’t need to work out 4-7 days a week to be at their ideal weight and body fat percentage. They just need to eat functional foods in small quantities and stay away from most starchy carbohydrates, sugar and alcohol.
These three moves are not new information. In fact, they are so old that even Jack Lalanne, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jane Fonda and Billy Blanks used the SAME strategies in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Therein lies the beauty: three simple steps that anyone can take to get in the ballpark of their fitness goals.
So ask yourself: How can you dedicate more time to fitness? Does your plan have a clear direction? Are you doing everything you can outside of the gym to assist you on your mission? Answer these three questions, set them in motion and watch your body’s transofrmation begin to take shape!
In spirit and sport,
#simple #breakfast #salad
Pomegranate and Kiwi w/ Cayenne Avocado Cubes on the side!
Get the most vitamins and minerals from your breakfast. High in antioxidants, pomegranate and avocado will PROTECT your cells!!! Kiwi seeds will SERVE you a delicious dose of high quality plant protein and enzymes!
Throw down this “anchor” as part of your predominantly plant-based life. Do it!!!
#strongevity #raw #vegan #nutrition #workout #muscle #fitness #nyc #diet #eat #lose weight #motivation #sports #football #futbol #voting
When you think of a composition, you see the organization and orchestration of several moving parts. Playing apart with disjointed timing, the elements are disharmonious and disruptive to the listener’s ears. Your consciousness listens to your mind and the elements swirling around in it. It can entirely makeover the way you experience day-to-day life if you arrange the elements to craft an elegant composition.
Compile, Compress, Complete
• Compile a list of the thoughts and ideas that swirl around in your head.
• Compress the story of the thought/idea down to its most current state.
• Complete one micro task towards advancing a good thought or idea
Not aggressive, but directed and motivated, your energy will flow in a positive direction. Each adjustment you make to your composition brings you closer to becoming a true work of art!
Fall and winter seem to be everyone’s favorite time here in New York City. Temperatures are mild and the atmosphere is fresh and festive. People find great comfort indulging in Pumpkin Spiced everything and tremendous joy showing off their most expensive and fashionable outerwear. If only the changing environs didn’t provide the perfect conditions to allow for a seasonal surprise that can temporarily cripple you…”Stomach Flu”.
More accurately named, norovirus is highly prevalent in the fall and winter and absurdly contagious. I just finished a bout of wrestling with this beast and through a lot of experimentation have found a few naturopathic strategies that made the worst of the worst less disastrous.
• Tumeric Power Shot: one of the reasons the belly aching is so bad is because of intestinal inflammation. Dissolve a teaspoon of Tumeric and a teaspoon of cinnamon in 2 oz. of hot water and add a small amount of honey. Then, shoot it back every 2 hours!
• Ginger & Lemon: these two lovebirds always go together. Best in juice form, have a tall lemon ginger juice first thing in the morning and last before bed while fighting off the illness.
• Fasting: typically, the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) diet is recommended. However, eliminating sugar and starch from your diet is a good look while sick. Furthermore, straight up fasting (drinking only water) allows your body to use its natural healing resources to fully detoxify and recover more quickly. Try it for a few hours at a time at first, and then work up to taking a whole day off of food while drinking 3-4 liters of water.
• Get Moving: with terrible cramping and bathroom issues you might think lying in bed in the fetal position is a good idea. Strangely, I found myself in far less pain when I got out to teach a #bootcamp class. The circulation was just what it took to reduce the stomach aching and the queasy feeling.
I hope you don’t end up needing this list, but if you or someone you’re fond of ends up doubled over with “stomach flu”, rely on these methods to get over it as quickly and comfortably as possible.
In spirit and sport,
Monster body weight and agility circuit! Gimme 5 sets with :30 rest between sets!!!
#strongevity #nyc #fitness #fit #trainer #personaltrainer #health #happiness #workout #transformation #raw #vegan #organic #nutrition #weird #sustainable #relationship #trick #self #supplement #growfromwithin #ripped #muscle #loseweight and #bodyfat #eatclean #healthy #food #nfl #agility #strength